Apr 28 , 1777 - Oct 18, 1853
Nathaniel Hoggatt, father of our grieving mother, Charlotte Brandon, married Charlotte Smith on Jan 14, 1808 in Adams County, Mississippi. He was born in 1777 in Buckingham, Virginia and was the son of Anthony and Sarah Hoggatt of Buckingham, Virginia.
Nathaniel died Oct 18, 1853 in Natchez, Mississippi.
Nathanial & Charlotte's Other Children
Besides Charlotte, Nathaniel and Charlotte had six other children. I list them because the names are very similar to Charlotte's own children's names and it would appear she named some of them after these siblings.
- Anthony Hoggatt - b. 1808 d. 1852; married to Martha Ann Robards [aged 44 years]
- Agnes Hoggatt - b. 1810 d. 1854; married to Richard S. Williams (both perished on the Steamship Arctic, which sunk on Sep 27, 1854) [aged 44 years]
- Sarah Hoggatt - b. 1812 d. 1822 [aged 10 years]
- Philip Hoggatt - b. 1813 d. 1819 [aged 6 years]
- John Hoggatt - b. 1815 d. 1838 [aged 23 years]
- Nathaniel Hoggatt - b. 1816 d. 1821 [aged 5 years]
Anthony Hoggatt was the son of Nathaniel Hoggatt (Oct 22, 1723 in Essex, Virginia - unknown) and Agnes (no information on her). Anthony was born on Sep 28, 1749 in Buckingham, Virginia; he was named for his grandfather who was born in 1684 in Berkshire, England and died in 1755 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
He married Sarah and the couple had five children. Anthony died Sep 27, 1818 at the age of 69.
Sarah, maiden name unknown, was born Feb 10, 1755 and died Oct 3, 1842 in Adams County, Mississippi. She was 87 years old at the time of her death.
Nathaniel had two brothers and two sisters.
- John Hoggatt was born Jan 7, 1776 in Virginia and died Sep 12, 1835 in Adams County, Mississippi. I have found no records of a spouse yet.
- Philip Hoggatt was born Mar 2, 1779 in Virginia and died Aug 10, 1855 in Adams County, Mississippi. I have found no records of a spouse yet.
- Agnes Hoggatt was born Jan 23, 1781 and died Jan 16, 1815. I have found no records of a spouse yet.
- Sallie Hoggatt was born in 1791 and was married to Charles Bosley. I have no other dates for she or her husband and no records of children